Friday, January 27, 2006

Time Out Magazine - NZ Herald

TIME OUT MAGAZINE
Big Weekend
My typical Friday night is: Usually at home. I've gotta be in bed reasonably early (and semi-sober) for my 4:30am starts on Saturday. That said - I'm easily tempted out by the lure of a good gig or free drinks!

Which means on Saturday morning I'm probably: At work from 5am. I read breakfast news for all the Radioworks stations across the country.

And breakfast is: On hold til Sunday. I’m the self-appointed mistress of the cooked breakfast. Bacon, eggs, hash-browns, mushrooms, toast, coffee and all the Sunday papers. All served in bed. Such luxury.

Saturday evening, if my dreams came true there would be a gig by: Van Halen! They owe me a gig! My boss (London, 1998) refused to give me the night off to go see them at Wembley so I quit my job! Then Van Halen cancelled their gig - no gig...and no job. Super.

But if there's nothing else doing I'll probably just: Have friends over for dinner. We have the most kick-ass, well-stocked professional bar at our place and what starts as a civilized dinner always ends in some messy, shot-inventing party.

Sunday morning already, so on the stereo goes: Preferably nothing. I listen to music 24/7 with my job at The Rock and Ashley is the A&R Director for FMR so our idea of Sunday morning bliss is no music. But if I had to choose something, the D4 Outta My Head is on high rotate at home.

Time to get out of the house with a Sunday drive to: Mission Bay or Takapuna Beach. We've recently bought a Yorkshire Terrier and she adores tearing around the beach.

Or failing that, it's to the couch to continue reading: Tommy Lee - Tommyland. He's a legend.

Sunday night. Time for that movie I've been dying to see: Batman Begins.

Or maybe I'll just get the DVD of my perennial fave: Waynes World 2. It's hilarious and I know it word for word. It's my favourite Mike Myers character ever.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home