Friday, January 27, 2006

Little Black Book - Sunday Star Times

Sunday Star Times - Little Black Book
Tracey Donaldson began her career at The Rock back in 1992 when the station was brand new and she was fresh out of highschool. Initially on-air during the graveyard shift she was given a daytime slot soon after. After a few years of travelling overseas where she worked in radio in both London and the States, as well as working at several record companies, Donaldson returned home in 2000 to find The Rock Broadcasting nationwide. She eagerly took up her old time-slot of 10-3 weekdays and has been there ever since. Here's a few of Traceys favourite places.

GPO Bar and Brasserie
This restaraunt is in the old Cambridge Post Office around the corner from where I grew up. The massive bar that snakes around the interior has the best wine selection which keeps me occupied for hours but the main reason I keep going back is the divine food
Victoria Street Cambridge

Tracs Records
This was the first place I worked when I left highschool and it was while I was working here that I got offered my job at The Rock. What makes any record shop great is having staff that love music and Tracs have definatley got that sussed.
Cnr Ward and Victoria Street Hamilton

Brixton Academy
Of the 10,000 gigs I went to in London the best ones were always at Brixton Academy. Hole, Live, Muse, Bush, Megadeth, Soundgarden. The whole floor slopes downwards so no matter how many tall buggers you're stood behind you still get a primo view of the stage. Aside from the dodgy part of town its in, once you're there you're guaranteed the best night.
Brixton, London

Matarangi
My fiance and I visited friends in Matarangi last christmas and loved it so much we bought land there. The red tar-sealed roads give it a year round feeling of laziness. It's a great weekend escape from Auckland.
Coromandel

Redcurrent
This is a 5 minute walk from my house and my favourite shop in Auckland. Its like walking through a magazine picture of my dream house, I just want to move in and live there. A massive part of my wages is blown in this shop.
Teed Street Newmarket AKL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home