Monday, September 18, 2006

SUNDAY STAR TIMES - Girl About Town


Tracey Donaldson, The Rock FM's 10am-3pm announcer, a foxy rock chick in her right, is one of the airwaves lovliest - and most rock educated - personalities. A devoted animal lover and Bon Jovi fan, you'll find Tracey equally at home at a metal gig, a lingerie launch or down her local pub!


KNOWS; that is it wasn’t for mum and dad playing music every day when I was a kid I wouldn’t have this amazing job. I grew up on Rod Stewart, The Beatles, Roy Orbison & The Stones. Mum would always make us watch RTR and Solid Gold on TV and I love her big time for that.

DRIVES; My recovered car! It got nicked from outside my bedroom window a few months ago, but the cops found it a week later in Rotorua. They took all my stuff, jacket, CDs etc but otherwise they left it in primo condition.

POLITICS; I’m fascinated by the US Democratic Administration. My bookshelf looks like a Clinton/Kennedy library. Infact meeting Bill Clinton could almost be “My Finest Moment”

FINEST MOMENT; Raising $12,000 for the SPCA last Xmas. I have so much respect for people who commit their life to helping animals.

LIVES; In Newmarket with my fiancé, Warners A&R Director Ashley Page, and our pets Minnie, Dave, Crackers and Wiggy.

LOVES; International Airport Lounges - such a feeling of anticipation, champagne, truffled scrambled eggs at SPQR, Led Zeppelin, Vogue, and SKY Sports for buying the rights to show the F1 live.

WORKS; At The Rock, the 10am-3pm show. I’m amazed that playing music can be called ‘a job’. Because we’re a small team and around the same age, we’re like brothers and sisters. Doesn’t that sound creepy.

WEARS; Watches are to me what shoes are to most chicks! I like GUESS watches, Louis Vuitton & Kathy Van Zeeland bags, Sass & Bide jeans, otherwise I shop at Isakelle and Route 66.

1 Comments:

Blogger Living the life as Stuart Mance said...

Hi wow interesting eh i never thought people on the radio would be righting blogs

7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home