Monday, April 16, 2007

SUNDAY NEWS Interview

Sunday April 15th 2007

The Rocks Daytime DJ TRACEY DONALDSON tells us what it's like working in the male-dominated radi industry and says she's really just one of the boys....

What does a typical Sunday consist of? Relaxing with my brand sparkly new husband Ashley - we just got married in Las Vegas! We always take our dogs to One Tree Hill on Sunday and spend time reading the Sunday News of course.

Describe your fashion sense; Victoria Beckham always looks good to me, I keep an eye on what she wears and apart from the scowl she gets it right most times ….

What's it like being a beauty amongst the Rock FM beasts
! That couldn’t be more wrong! Have you checked out the rock webpage lately? I work with some pretty nice-looking boys…

How tough is it being a girl in a 'man's world' of rock? It’s not tough at all. I went to an all-girls High School and was surrounded by enough estrogen to last a lifetime.

You started at the Rock 15 years ago - key differences between then and now? The strangest thing is that all the “new bands” we used to play that noone knew back then like Nirvana and Pearl Jam are now considered “classic rock”. That’s kinda weird,

What were you doing before radio? Working at TRACS Records in Hamilton, dreaming of working in radio…I was lucky because I was only 4 months out of school when I got offered a job at The Rock.

What's the best advice you've been given? Silence is golden. Doesn’t work so well in my job though.

What do you most like about your job? Playing music, free CD’s, concert tickets, meeting people like Jimmy Page, I couldn’t narrow it down to just one thing…

You've met Courtney Love - your first impressions of her? She’s unbelievably pretty in person, which never comes across in her photos. Mesmerizing green eyes….

Do you have a favourite movie? I just saw Worlds Fastest Indian and LOVE it! That could be the story of my dads life. I even got him a copy of the DVD because it reminded me so much of him.

Who's your favourite rock star? Why? Eddie Vedder. Besides having a filthy crush on him he’s the coolest, funniest rockstar I’ve ever seen onstage.

What do you do to unwind? NOT listen to music. My husband works in music too so it can be all-consuming…

What was the last CD you purchased? Without wanting to sound like a jerk I haven’t paid for a CD in years (perk of the job) BUT I did buy Madonna’s True Blue album from Amoeba Records last week. It was one of my favourites as a kid…

What are your vices? Sneaky ciggies when I’ve had a few drinks. Usually other peoples too which is really tacky.

Who is the most under-rated celebrity? Robert Taylor. Exactly.

What were you like at school? Bit of a geek.

What gets up your goat? Cruelty to animals, I’m like a broken record about that


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home